For the past several months, much of my time has been spent on developing a way to give fathers a voice. The abortion issue has become very one-sided while the opinion, rights and needs of the father have been all but silenced. This has to change. If we, as a society, must continue to work toward granting the most innocent the right to life, then it’s necessary to insure that both mother and father recognize their responsibilities and rights toward their unborn child. This is why I’m writing a new book.
After doing a fair amount of research, I’m appalled to learn that very few fathers feel as though they have a right to express their sense of loss and grief over the death of their child. When a father does speak up, it’s almost always the same story that frames both regret and sorrow in increasing amounts as years pass, especially if they haven’t been able to vocalize their pain.
While still in its initial stages, I’m writing a new book based on the abortion issue from a father’s perspective. Here is a brief outline of what will be covered:
- Background facts on abortion which include what little data is available on men’s response to the life/death issue.
- Fictional story based on fact revealing the battle one man has faced after his wife insisted on aborting their first child simply because their plans did not include children until much later in their marriage.
- A psychologist’s report on counseling men who have a form of PTSD caused by their abortion experience.
- Fictional story based on fact revealing the connection between abortion and suicide from a young man’s perspective. This will have to be fictional because the subject of this story is no longer here to reveal the depth of trauma he dealt with when told his girlfriend aborted their child. (Note: This is a very real need since the link between abortion and suicide is becoming more prominent among both genders.)
- Facts related to the pro-choice movement and how ugly it has become. This part will also look at the issue from both ethical and spiritual perspective, not using the typical pro-life scriptures but using the whole counsel of the Word as it relates to giving as opposed to taking from others for purely selfish reasons.
- Conclusion will offer coping and healing suggestions to both men and women with references to solid and proven counselors who specialize in post-abortion trauma.
While this is in the development stage, I am looking for men who would be willing to answer a few questions in a very confidential setting to help readers understand that losing a child isn’t just a matter of forgive and forget. If you are that person, or if you know of someone who might be willing to help, please have them contact me directly or click here to answer a few simple questions to help me understand if you would be a good candidate for participation in this project.
Please pray with me and for me. This is an important project that has the potential to make an impact on the lives of men and women with an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy. More importantly, the content covered in this new book may in fact save the lives of unborn children as the eyes of both mother and father can potentially be opened to the powerful impact abortion has on the lives of all involved.
Thank you for your prayers and support. Once the first draft is completed and in the hands of the editor, this new book will be available for pre-order through my “Shop” on this site.
© Jan Ross
All Rights Reserved